Information Collected via the Crucial Paradigm Pty Ltd Website(s)
- We may collect information about your visit(s) to our website(s), including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with Crucial Paradigm websites and services. We also collect certain standard information that your web browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring web site addresses. We may correlate this information about you with other information that we hold elsewhere. We may, at times, contract out functions pertaining to marketing-related activities that utilise this data. At all times such data is shared, it is divorced from any information that may be used by third parties to determine the identity of the individuals accessing the website.
Collection of Personal Information
- In some interactions with Crucial Paradigm, we ask you to provide personal information. Usually, this information is not of a sensitive nature. This personal information may include, based on the type of interaction:
Contact Crucial Paradigm via E-Mail,or online Support Desk
- In the case of Crucial Paradigm’s Subscribers and former Subscribers, the Subscriber's Name, E-Mail Address, and other information that clients may provide in their course of communication with us. This information can sometimes include the Subscriber's Telephone Number, Mail Address, financial information pertaining to our Subscriber's accounts (such as last four digits of their credit card number, or details regarding invoice payments), and information pertaining to third parties ( e.g. Business Hosting / VPS clients seeking assistance with one of their own subscriber's accounts).
Interactions with Crucial Paradigm via the Telephone
- In the case of individuals who contact us via telephone, the only personal information always collected is their telephone number. Those wishing to preserve anonymity in their contact of Crucial Paradigm may do so if they contact us for lawful purposes ( e.g. product inquiries), and if they use lawful means to un- identify their telephone number (such as "number blocking"). Our telephone representatives reserve the right, however, to request additional information that is required to ensure quality of service. Our telephone representatives will always request additional information to verify your identity before disclosing any personal information about you.
- All calls are recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. We will always inform you before recording a call (except if the call is made for unlawful purposes).
- In order to access some Crucial Paradigm services via the internet, you will be asked to sign in with an e- mail address and/or username, as well as a password (hereinafter, "your credentials"). As part of creating your credentials, you may also be requested to provide questions and secret answers and/or an alternative e-mail address. This information is collected to help verify your identity and assist in resetting your password, should such ever become necessary. Some Crucial Paradigm services may require additional security; in these cases, you may be asked to provide additional personal information in order for us to provide you access to those services.
Use of Personal Information
- Crucial Paradigm collects and uses your personal information to operate and improve its websites, and to deliver the services or carry out the transactions you have requested. In particular, this information is used to: provide you with accurate, secure support, sales, and other services; provide you with more effective customer service; make our sites or services easier to use; perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies; display content and advertising that are customised to your interests and preferences; maintain the security of our network and ensuring quality- of-service for all Crucial Paradigm customers.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Without limiting any of our rights, we further reserve the right to access and/or disclose your personal information if we believe such action is necessary to: comply with the law or legal process served on Crucial Paradigm; protect and defend the rights or property of Crucial Paradigm (including the enforcement of our agreements); or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Crucial Paradigm services or members of the public. These rights specifically extend to any subsidiaries, companies or contractors whom we retain on our behalf.
- On occasion, we hire or contract with other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as providing customer support, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We may share personal information to provide the aforesaid services. It is assumed that any such companies will maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Security and Storage of Your Personal Information
- Although the transfer of information across any media, including the internet, may involve some degree of risk, we carry out the maximal practicable steps possible to maintain the security and integrity of your personal information. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring all web servers involving financial information or involved in carrying out e-commerce transactions are accessible by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption;
- Ensuring all Crucial Paradigm’s servers and systems that contain personal information are protected by strong passwords;
- Ensuring all Crucial Paradigm staff utilise strong passwords when accessing any system that may contain clients' personal information;
- Engaging in both scheduled and random auditing of our security procedures and privacy compliance;
- Other security methods, including storing most personal information on servers located in secured datacenters; and
- Carrying out identity-assurance procedures before we reveal personal information to you.
Accessing Your Personal Information
- You are entitled to any personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions as therein set out. You may have the ability to view or edit some of your personal information on-line, using methods that will require you to utilise your credentials. The appropriate method(s) for accessing your personal information will depend on which sites and services you have used.
Privacy Practices and our Privacy Officer
- If you require any additional information about this policy and/or its implementation, or if you have a complaint regarding privacy-related issues at Crucial Paradigm, please contact our Accounts team. You may do so using the following contact information:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 1300 884 839 or +61 2 8202 9999
- By mail: Crucial Paradigm, Management PO Box 1, Surry Hills, NSW 2010