If you are one of the many people getting one of the following errors this article will help you!
If your alarms list keeps showing the error message:
“Warning: Alarms may not be available.”
Or you have trouble installing the latest updates to SAN/iQ 9 with it giving an error message such as the following:
“Management group ‘xxxx’ has the following issues: There was a problem getting the alarms list for management group ‘xxxx’.. Canceling all further installations.”
After a fairly long list of troubleshooting, HP provided us with a fix (10105-00) for this issue. The fix specically states:
“Patch 10105-00 fixes a behavior where the CMC displays Warning:Alarms may not be available that prevents online upgrade/patch install from working as the CMC cannot get the alarms list. This also causes the Export Support Bundle to not work and may prevent CLI commands from working as well.”
I’m not aware of this patch being publically available from HP yet, so if you have these symptons I suggest contacting them and going through the steps to obtain the patch.
Once you receive the patch, you can use the following steps to install the update (we came across a few issues while trying to patch our systems, that didn’t seem to be documented by HP):
1. Shutdown the CMC
2. Open \Users\[user]\.storage_system\preferences.txt
3. At the top of the file, add the following:
4. Start CMC, under Configuration Summary there will now be a “Support Upgrades” tab.
5. Locate the 10105-00.20110406.patch from HP, you will probably need to contact HP support for this. And they may go through a bunch of troubleshooting with you before they provide you with the download.
6. Hit browse, and select the file 10105-00.20110406.patch
7. Select the storage node from the list that you wish to upgrade, you will need to them upgrade one at a time. I installed the patch on all storage systems, and the Failover Manager (FOM).
|Hosting Options & Info||VPS||Web Solutions & Services|