Hosting for your Business
Welcome to Australia’s leading provider of business-class Web Hosting and VPS services. If it’s for business, it’s Crucial.LEARN MORE
Grab your ideal domain name
Great value cPanel Hosting.
Fast and secure WordPress Hosting.
Secure Google business email.
cPanel Managed VPS
The benchmark in VPS Hosting.
Unbeatable VPS hosting.
The latest operating systems.
Considering AWS Cloud?
Contact our cloud division, Anchor Systems.Part of Hostopia Australia, Anchor is an experienced and local AWS solutions provider. Anchor can help your business plan, design, build and run cloud services – supported by an AWS-certified 24×7 team.
Join the thousands who trust Crucial
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Hosting?You can think of hosting as the storage space which houses your website or emails (or both). Whether you’re looking at web hosting or email hosting, both of these types of hosting are referring to an allocation of storage space. This storage space can technically be thought of as existing “in the cloud”, but as with everything in the cloud, the data is in fact located on a physical server somewhere in the world. Usually, this physical server will be backed up or replicated across multiple servers, so that, should the primary server experience any performance issues, or perhaps even an outage, the other servers can pick up the slack to keep your services online and running smoothly.Both web hosting and email hosting are typically sold as packaged products that include a range of features and resources to aid the performance of the systems that you use within them. This includes an allocation of CPU and memory, which are both necessary server-side resources for running email systems, applications or websites. Web hosting and email hosting will also come with a user interface that you can log into, to manage what’s being stored in your hosting account. Common hosting platforms would include WHM/cPanel and Plesk.
- What is VPS Hosting?Virtual Private Server hosting (or VPS hosting) is the middle-ground between shared hosting and dedicated server hosting. Having an account in a shared hosting environment generally means that your hosting account is sharing the same physical server as many other customers, oftentimes several hundred of them. This means less overall resources are available to every individual account, making them suitable for small business or personal websites.For those that have outgrown the shared hosting environment and need some extra space or power, this is where VPS hosting comes into play. VPS hosting means you will still be sharing a physical server with others, however, you will only have a very small number of neighbors on your server. As such, you’ll have a far greater share of the server’s resources, such as bandwidth, CPU, storage space and memory. VPS hosting accounts also run as their own individual installations on a server, rather than all sharing a singular system, as is the case for shared hosting accounts. This means that you can achieve far greater customisation of your hosting environment, and will have access to a higher level of hosting management tools and settings. You’ll have most of the benefits of dedicated server hosting, but without the high cost.
- Why choose an Australian host?The location of your web hosting or email hosting provider should be an important factor in your decision-making process when it comes to finding a reliable host. Hosting your data in a location that is geographically close to where you customers will be accessing it from is a great way to achieve the best possible load times for your website or application. If your customer-base is largely Australian, they’ll be able to load your website or application faster from an Australian server than if they must wait for the data to be sent across from an offshore hosting provider.However, load time is not the only benefit of choosing an Australian host. Another major consideration should be the time zone that your host’s support team will be working from. If you choose a provider who is across the other side of the world, your business hours may occur during your host’s night time. While this on its own is generally not a problem, it may mean that if something happens to your website during your peak hours, your host may not have their full support team (particularly senior technicians) on standby to assist you right away. You may even need to wait until it reaches your host’s regular business hours before you can get the help you need. This could be a critical factor for a busy website when encountering a technical issue or outage during the day.
- What makes Crucial the choice for business?At Crucial, we live and breathe business-class hosting. If you’re running a business in Australia or beyond, you’ll want a reliable partner whose highly experienced in managing business hosting requirements. Whether it be for busy offices, high-traffic websites or applications, enterprise, online retailers or high-profile corporate clients, Crucial provide reliable, cost-effective and industry-leading business hosting services 24/7/365.Crucial’s talented team consists of many of the industry’s best and brightest engineers and technicians. Our Sydney-based team are expertly trained in all areas of business-class hosting, providing exceptional service and support to thousands of Australian and international businesses. We provide server monitoring and on-demand support around the clock, every day of the year, to ensure your business is always well looked after. You can rest easy knowing that our team will be on the case straight away whenever you need them.Whether or not you’ve got any special requirements or high-demand specifications for your hosting environment, Crucial is an ideal choice for businesses of all shapes, sizes and resource needs. Our hosting environment is built on best-in-class Dell server technology, with second-to-none redundancy and DDOS protection, giving your business the foundation it needs to maintain peak performance and uptime in a range of high-demand circumstances.
- Why is Crucial Australia’s leading VPS provider?Crucial have been in the business of world-class hosting services since 2003. In that time, we’ve deployed over 7000 virtual private server hosting environments to businesses all over Australia and beyond. From sole traders to multinational corporations, Crucial’s team of hosting experts are highly-experienced in serving businesses of all sizes, industries and individual requirements. Everyday, our ultra-fast network securely handles 8.8 terabytes of data, keeping thousands of businesses connected with their customers around the world.Our hosting infrastructure is the result of many years of sweat, talent, expertise and of course, best-in-class hardware, producing industry-renowned services capable of serving even the busiest of websites without a hitch. Crucial provides a customised experience, ensuring each of our clients receives the hosting environment they need, exactly to spec, every time.We understand what’s important to businesses when it comes to their website or application hosting requirements. Most importantly, we know how to deliver those services with exceptional dependability and consistency, giving us the reputation of excellence we’re proud to uphold today. With over 50,000 websites served on our network everyday, Crucial clients can rest assured knowing that their business is in the expert hands of one of Australia’s most trusted and proven hosting providers.