How to Avoid Being A Victim of Web Fraud
How to Avoid Being A Victim of Web FraudFrauds and scams have been a problem for many generations. From land and stock scams to the simple con, criminals have found victims over the course of time. While previous scams and frauds were generally perpetrated either through the mail, phone or face-to-face, the current generation of scammers now go completely unknown through the use of the Internet.The web has allowed users to have the ability to gain information about any topic in the world, connect with others in any part of the world and have the ability to buy products and services without the need to even leave your house or place of business. All of this new world has been possible because of the use of technology. With current technology, people are able to accomplish more than ever before.However, with the increased use of technology in our world, criminals have found new methods to attempt to scam the unsuspecting public. Now more than ever consumers need to be concerned and aware of the various methods that criminals have been using for web fraud. Methods used range from e-mail scams, web spoof sites, phishing attempts and many others which can potentially lead to financial losses or even identity theft.Annually millions of consumers fall victim to web fraud and scams, costing billions of dollars in losses. The best way to avoid being a victim is by being a smart consumer and avoid potential fraud situations. Generally speaking, if you are uncomfortable about a situation, or if it seems too good to be true, it probably is and you should avoid the transaction. To help consumer learn more about fraud, scams and prevention, we have put together the following information for you to share with friends and family. Please feel free to visit this page often and stay safe on the web.What is Web Fraud?
- What is Web Fraud? – Useful article which discusses what web fraud is.
- Fraud – Helpful page which provides an overview of different types of fraud.
- Cyber Fraud – Informative page from the Securities and Exchange Commission which alerts consumers to possible fraud situations.
- Online Fraud Types – Useful page with information on some of the typical types of fraud.
- Net Fraud – Basic information on internet fraud and types of typical fraud.
- Internet Fraud and Scams – Information on some of the common internet frauds which consumers can encounter.
- Types of Internet Fraud – Helpful article which lists various types of fraud and how they work.
- Identity Theft and Fraud – Informative Department of Justice web page which details the problems of identity theft and identity fraud.
- Identity Theft – Article from the Federal Reserve Bank which warns consumers about identity theft.
- Identity Theft Information – Collection of articles and information about the legal issues of identity theft.
- Scams and Identity Theft – Information about the problems that consumers face with scams and identity theft.
- Fake Websites – Helpful article which helps people understand fake websites and how to tell the difference between them and real ones.
- Spoof Websites – Information and examples of well designed spoof websites.
- Spoofed Website – Useful article which provides guidance on what to do if your website is spoofed.
- Phishing, Identity Theft and Scams – Helpful page from the Internal Revenue Service about the problems of phishing and other scams.
- Phishing – Informative web page with information on the dangers of phishing and how it can affect consumers.
- Phishing Fraud – Information on the new trend of phishing fraud and how to prevent being a victim.
- Latest Email Scams – Useful article which provides examples and information on the latest scams.
- How Email Scams Work – Helpful article which provides information on how an email scam works.
- Spoting an Email Scam – Article which provides information on ten ways to spot an email scam.
- Suspicious Emails – Web page which discusses what consumers can do if they are given a suspicious email.
- Online Fraud – Information on some of the online scams that consumers are faced with.
- Scams and Hoaxes – Helpful page for consumers providing information on common scams and hoaxes and how to prevent them.
- Scams and Fraud – Information on some of the common threats that consumers encounter online.
- Reporting Online Scams and Frauds – Informative page about online scams and frauds and how to report them.
- Internet Fraud Prevention – Informative page which offers common sense tips on fraud prevention.
- Tips to Prevent Online Fraud – Tips and information for consumers on how to prevent online fraud.
- Fraud Prevention Tips – Helpful page for consumers which gives general fraud prevention ideas.
- Scam Prevention Tips – General information which provides information on preventing being a victim of scams.
- Internet Fraud – Informative page from the FBI which offers a number of internet fraud schemes and how to prevent being a victim.
Teachers Typing Manual – Comprehensive web page which lists a number of useful ideas to teach typing to students.Author: Michael LengBack to Articles
Get in touch with a hosting expert.
Looking for support?