Tim Berners-Lee and the History of the World Wide Web
Tim Berners-Lee and the History of the World Wide WebOne of the most groundbreaking events of the 20th Century was the creation of the world wide web. In 1989, London born Timothy Berners-Lee came up with the idea of the web as a way to share files with others. From this modest idea the web has become of the most important discoveries of our time. The world wide web has evolved from a simple file sharing initiative to become a place where people go on a daily basis to share information, transact business, conduct financial transaction and a host of other activities. All of the current uses of the web are courtesy of Tim Berners-Lee, the man credited with inventing the world wide web.Tim Berners-Lee
- Berners-Lee Information – Biographical information on the life and work of Tim Berners-Lee on the Internet.
- Internet Pioneer – Useful information on the founder of the world wide web.
- Internet Hall of Fame – Information of the induction and work of the man responsible for founding the Internet.
- Berners-Lee Knighted – Article from MIT News about the 2004 Knighting of Tim Berners-Lee by Queen Elizabeth II.
- Time Article – Informative article from Time Magazine about the work of Tim Berners-Lee.
- Berners-Lee Biography – Summary article about the life of inventor of the world wide web.
- Where the Internet was Born – Website of CERN with information on how the Internet was created there.
- CERN and the Web – information on the memo within CERN which helped open the way to the world wide web.
- Web Inventors at CERN – Web site with information on Berner-Lee and others at CERN who helped invent the Internet.
- Lee and CERN – Helpful site with information about the CERN work that led to the development of the web.
- CERN Information – Useful information on the company and the way it operates.
- Early WWW History – Basic look at the early efforts to create the web.
- Early Web Design – Brief look at some early web design efforts.
- Early Browsers – A historical look at some of the browsers of the early 1990’s.
- Early Web Languages – Article providing information about some of the early web languages.
- Web Growth Summary – Informative article outlining the growth of the Internet over time.
- Internet Growth Statistics – Helpful page providing a look at the growth of the web.
- Net Growth – A historical look at the growth of the Internet since early days.
- Internet Timeline – Useful information providing a chronological look at important events in the development of the Internet dating back to the 1950’s.
- Early Internet History – Information on the history and growth of the world wide web.
- Current Uses of the Internet – Useful, although slightly dated, page of information on online usage.
- Uses and Abuses of the Internet – A look at proper and improper uses of the Internet from a users perspective.
- Internet in Business – Helpful article from 2008 which provided a look at how businesses can use the Internet on a regular basis.
- Web Usage Project – Downloadable article providing a look at typical web usage among people.
- Types of Social Media – Informative article describing what is social media and the various types.
- Social Media Users – Article identifying six different types of social media users.
- Kinds of Social Media – Helpful article providing information on the different types of social media sites.
- Social Networking – Informative page on the benefits and dangers of social networking.
- Social Networking Benefits – Washington Times article explaining the social benefits.
- Online Social Networking – Useful page discussing social networking and outling the benefits.
Get in touch with a hosting expert.
Looking for support?